In an effort to get my kids to eat more we recently purchased a cookbook for kids. The recipes in it are great and I am looking forward to trying them out. The book gave a generic/basic muffin recipe from scratch and then a few different variations on how to do them. Today’s experiment was the Pizza Muffin. It was actually easier than I had expected. Many other scratch recipes I have tried were a pain the patootie, so I was happy this one was extremely simple.
After baking I gave one to the spawn to try…Podling didn’t really eat any, her usual M.O. Babyhead had a half of one which was actually more than I expected him to eat. He is very resistant to anything new. DH had one after work and said that they were good, though they would be better as minis instead. I will confess, I didn’t try one because the pepperoni would make my tummy ill…I will say that they smell awesome.
So, there it is. The beginning of our adventures in food. We are going to try black bean burgers tonight as our vegetarian dinner night. Will later on how that went!